Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a Canadian actress of Sri Lankan Tamil descent. She was born on December 28, 2001, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Ramakrishnan gained recognition for her breakout role as Devi Vishwakumar in the Netflix comedy-drama series “Never Have I Ever,” which was created by Mindy Kaling and premiered in 2020. She was selected for the lead role of Devi after a worldwide audition process that received over 15,000 submissions. Her performance was widely praised by critics and audiences, and she received a nomination for Best Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy at the 78th Golden Globe Awards.
Ramakrishnan is also an activist and advocates for gender equality, mental health awareness, and social justice. She has used her platform to speak out against racism and xenophobia and has partnered with organizations such as UNICEF and Plan International to promote girls’ education and empowerment.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan age
As of my knowledge cutoff of 2021, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was born on December 28, 2001, which would make her 21 years old. However, please note that her age may have changed since then.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan turning red
“Maitreyi Ramakrishnan: Turning Red” is an upcoming animated film by Pixar Animation Studios, set to be released in 2022. The movie follows the story of a 13-year-old girl named Mei Lee, who turns into a giant red panda whenever she gets too excited. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan will be providing the voice for Mei Lee, the protagonist of the film.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan height
I’m sorry, but I don’t have access to Maitreyi Ramakrishnan’s current height as it may change over time. However, as of my knowledge cutoff of 2021, her height was reported to be 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm). Please note that this information may no longer be accurate.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan entertainment weekly
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly’s June 2020 issue. The cover story was about her breakout role as Devi in the Netflix series “Never Have I Ever.” The article discussed Ramakrishnan’s casting process, her experiences on set, and the show’s representation of South Asian culture. Additionally, Ramakrishnan was interviewed and shared her own insights about her character, the show’s themes, and her own background.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan net worth
As an AI language model, I do not have access to individuals’ personal financial information such as their net worth. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a relatively new actress who gained popularity through her role in the Netflix series “Never Have I Ever” and is still in the early stages of her career. It is not publicly known what her net worth is.
Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a Canadian actress of Sri Lankan Tamil heritage, born on December 28, 2001, in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Here are some facts about her:
- Ramakrishnan’s parents are Sri Lankan Tamil immigrants who came to Canada as refugees in the 1990s.
- She is best known for her lead role as Devi Vishwakumar in the Netflix comedy-drama series “Never Have I Ever,” created by Mindy Kaling and Lang Fisher. The show premiered in April 2020 and has been renewed for a second season.
- Ramakrishnan was selected for the role of Devi out of over 15,000 audition tapes that were submitted for the open casting call. She had no prior acting experience before landing the role.
- She attended Meadowvale Secondary School in Mississauga and was an active member of the school’s drama club.
- In 2020, Ramakrishnan was named one of Time Magazine’s “Time 100 Next,” a list of rising stars and influential people shaping the future.
- She is a feminist and advocates for social justice issues, including gender equality and the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Ramakrishnan is fluent in both English and Tamil.
- In addition to acting, she is interested in pursuing a career in politics and hopes to become Canada’s Prime Minister one day.
- Ramakrishnan is active on social media and has a large following on Instagram and Twitter. She uses her platform to raise awareness about various social issues and to connect with her fans.
- She has been a guest on various talk shows, including “The Kelly Clarkson Show,” “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,” and “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.”